The purple fairy was finished shortly before it was worn for Halloween. The bodice and skirt portions went together pretty well, even with the obvious mismatched band on the underside, since I used stash binding materials instead of buying something new. It is supposed to have elastic at the waist, but I decided it wasn't necessary in order to finish quicker. The waist cincher should have covered the waistline, but... I could NOT find the eyelets I know I have in my stash so I could not lace up the cincher properly. This is why the waist cincher sits too high, since I had to close them in the back with the ever handy safety pins... which made it tighter than it should have been. Ah well, it still worked out.
The fairy wings were more of a problem than first anticipated. They are velcro'd to the back of the finished dress. I cut them out as two separate pieces, which was bound around the ends to hold the millinery wire I used for support. But I made the mistake in not leaving the portions in the middle that would have connected the two wings, so they are still two separate pieces, which is hard for keeping it stable and work together. I'm not sure it is worth fixing at this point, but they survived the evening just fine.
The wizard robes were also done. They were really easy; cut out and sewn together in one night. The edges are simply turned twice and sewn down, as I decided not to deal with a lining. I made the sleeves a little too snug near the armpits, but it worked for tonight. It will be kept in mind if I make them, or something like it, again.
A short writeup with photos of both Halloween outfits are on my web site here.
Edit: I found the eyelets behind the grommet box the next day when I put my project stuff away.